Botox and fillers are both injectable treatments that can reduce the signs of aging in the face to give a more youthful and refreshed appearance by treating facial lines and wrinkles. From a layman’s point of view, it may seem that both of them are the same. However, in actuality, they are two different treatments and have a number of differences between them in terms of procedure, reaction time and results.
Botox and Fillers differ in various aspects such as:
- Botox is derived from a purified form of botulinum toxin type A, a muscle relaxant which has been used in hospitals since a long time.
- Fillers are usually a liquid gel made from Hyaluronic Acid. It is found naturally in the skin and so the skin has a natural affinity with the product.
- Botox is mainly targeted to treat the upper region of the face including the forehead, near and between the eye area–like “11” (lines between your eyes) and “crow’s feet”( on the sides of your eyes), the area around the lips (“lipstick lines”) or on the sides of the nose (“bunny lines”). Botox is used to treat dynamic wrinkles.
- Fillers are generally used on the lower half of the face, deep lines from nose to mouth, creases that run from the nose to mouth (nasolabial folds), the lines from mouth to chin and the cheeks that have lost collagen. They can also be used to enhance cheekbones, lips and the area under the eyes. Fillers are used for static wrinkles and to enhance volume.
- Botox works with the movement of the muscle. When used in small amounts, neuromodulators reduce the activity of muscle contraction and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles are softened. By reducing muscle contraction, neuromodulators prevent the intensity of lines over time.
- Fillers work by adding back volume or support underneath the skin.
- In Botox, a tiny needle is injected into the wrinkle-producing muscles. The procedure may take 10 to 15 minutes and no anaesthesia is required.
- Fillers injections require local anaesthesia and may take around 15 to 30 minutes or more depending on the target area.
- The effect of Botox injections usually lasts between 3-4 months.
- The effect of Fillers is immediate and last between 4-12 months and depends on the severity of the crease, kind of filler being used and target area filled.
- The only side effect of a Botox injection can be some redness temporarily or bruising at the injection site.
- The only side effect of fillers can be a little bruising that can be covered easily by makeup, or a slight swelling that goes off overnight.
Contact Us For a Beautiful You:
Both these cosmetic treatments can help improve your appearance in a variety of ways like helping you look younger, eliminating dynamic wrinkles, smoothing your skin texture and preventing new lines from forming. If you are looking to treat your skin, contact YoutherapyTM at 914-574-2709/ 212-257-9873 for more information. You can also email us at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org. We serve in Westchester, Manhattan, and NYC.