The longevity of a facial filler depends on the product (or combination of products), where it’s applied, the frequency and timing of touch-up treatments, as well as the quality of medical care provided. For optimum results, touch up procedures should be done before the previous product completely dissipates because the body continues to respond with its own collagen production around the dermal fillers. It is important to be familiar with each products expected duration effect.
The following guide is the duration of each facial filler:
- Botox®: The results usually last from 3 to 6 months depending on the patient, the physician’s technique, and the area being treated. Areas of lower muscle activity and patient with lower muscle mass usually require less frequent treatments.
- Juvederm® Ultra and Juvederm® Ultra plus: These fillers typically last up to a year or more before a touch up treatment is needed.
- Radiesse®: This facial filler can last up to a year before more treatments are needed. In some instances, patients will notice temporarily reduced results after treatment before the body begins to respond with its own collagen production.
- Sculptra®: The results of each treatment will last up to 2 years or more. The physician technique and experience can affect treatment; Sculptra requires a unique injection technique unlike other facial fillers.
- Restylane® and Perlane®: They generally last between 4-9 months before touch up treatments are needed.
All facial fillers need touch-ups before the previous treatment is completely dissolved in the body. Many patients require less product and longer treatment intervals overtime.
Skin TheraP specializes in medical and cosmetic procedures. Contact us for more information on facial filler treatment in Westchester NY. Call us at (212)-275-9873/ (914)-574-2709 or email at email@example.com.