Microneedling: Fractional Collagen Induction Therapy.
Renew your skin with Fractional Collagen Induction Therapy ! This medical grade treatment not only will improve the skins appearance, but is also used to treat multiple issues that can be seen on the skin.
The Rejuvapen™ device utilizes Microneedling, or Fractional Collagen Induction Therapy, as a medical grade, state of the art procedure available through skincare professionals only. This procedure shifts the skin's natural repair mechanism into high gear and starts producing collagen and elastin to repair these micro-perforations. The self-repairing property of the skin is a 100% natural form of skin renewal from the inside out. Your skin becomes firmer and regains its elasticity, fine and wrinkles are visibly reduced, pores become finer, circulation is stimulated and the overall condition of the skin improves.
The concept of Microneedling has been around for a while and is based upon the skins ability to naturally repair itself when injured. Immediately following an injury, our skin begins the process of dissolving tissue damage and replacing it with new cells. Microneedling allows for controlled stimulation of the skins self-repair
Fractional Collagen Induction Therapy Can Be Used On:
- Fine lines and wrinkle reduction for face, eyes and neck
- Surgical Scars: Smooth and re-pigment scar tissue
- Hypertrophic Scars: Smooth and flatten scar tissue
- Stretch Marks: Smooth, tighten, and reduce redness in the skin
- Acne Scars and Depressed Scars: Smooth and fill in depressed areas of damaged skin
- UV Damage
The process is painless, as an anesthetic cream will be applied to the skin prior to the procedure. The hand held device utilizes 9 precisely spaced micro needles in a small cartridge to create invisible, vertical, micro perforations into the epidermis and the top layer of the dermis. It will penetrate through the skin but does not harm it. During the procedure, a serum of 99% growth factors will be applied to the skin, allowing for maximum penetration and results. These growth factors help the skin be firmer, regain elasticity, aid in repairing and stimulating new collagen.
The phases of skin remodeling are:
- Inflammation - Begins after injury
- Inflammatory Response - Tissue proliferation and growth factors stimulate healthy tissue formation.
- Tissue Formation - Actual remodeling of skin tissue continues up to 1-year.
- It does not damage the skin. It leaves the epidermis - the protective layer of our skin - intact.
- Microneedling is the only skin rejuvenation treatment to target and regulate 3 key skin cells (keratinocyte, melanocyte and fibroblast) without compromising the integrity of the epidermis.
- Microneedling/CIT stimulates your body's own collagen production in the dermal layer which is where collagen resides and is formed.
- Results are natural.
- No foreign substances are injected.
- Any part of the body may be treated.
- The healing period is short (1-2 days).
- Less expensive and more effective than laser treatments
- Safe for people with darker skin thus no fear of hyper-pigmentation (dark spots).
- Effective on peri- and post-menopausal women.
- Skin does not become sensitive to the sun.
- Safe for individuals who have had laser resurfacing.
- Changes may occur in dilated blood vessels that may cause them to disappear.