Rejuvenate your face with Ultherapy at Youtherapy in New York City and Westchester
Frequently Asked Questions about Ultherapy
How Ultherapy Works
Ultherapy is the Only Ultrasound Therapy for Facial Rejuvenation
The Ulthera System combines ultrasound imaging and focused ultrasound therapy in a single, proprietary “see and treat” device. This affords the practitioner unprecedented control – and outcomes – when depositing energy into soft tissue to create thermal coagulation.
Efficiency You Can See
86% of subjects were found to have a clinically relevant eyebrow lift (Expert masked photo assessment)
The mean value of maximum eyebrow height change was 1.9 mm
The mean value of average eyebrow height change was 1.7 mm
Photographs revealed less hooding and a more open look to eyes Firmer, tighter, better-fitting skin was reported, as well as a more refreshed appearance overall.
(ref: Alam M, et al. (2010). Ultrasound tightening of facial and neck skin: A rater-blinded prospective cohort study. J Am Acad Dermatol, 62(2), 262 - 269.)
Clinical studies have shown Ultherapy to be a safe procedure, with tens of thousands of treatment lines delivered to date.
Extensive preclinical and clinical investigations were conducted at the following institutions:
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School
- Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Skin and laser clinic of dermatologist affiliated with University of Minnesota
- Northwestern University School of Medicine
- University of California at San Diego
What does Ultrasound Therapy do?
This results in:
- toning and actual lift of the skin over time.
- Precisely tightens and firms skin around the entire face
- Adds volume to surface of skin, reducing appearance of fine lines
- Defines and contours jaw and lower facial region
What does Collagen do?
How is Ultherapy different from laser technology?
Who is a good candidate for Ultherapy?
How long does the treatment take?
What problem areas does Ultherapy target?
- Entire face
- Lower face, including the neck
- The neck alone; defining and contouring the jowls
- Eyes (Lifting the brows, brightening the eyes for a more youthful appearance)